Thursday, August 18, 2011

Community


When I started this blog years ago, I let everyone know that most of my entries would not be my own words, but mostly the words of others.

"We have all known the long loneliness and we have learned that the only solution is love and that love comes with community"

Dorothy Day

Anyway I've been reflecting on this quote a lot in my first week of life in Albuquerque. New city, new people, new job, it can all be a little overwhelming. I've felt so comforted by everyone who has welcomed us to the city and for awesome community-mates who have laughed, danced, and listened.

Even though its easy to feel lonely in a foreign place, I rejoice that God has put people in my life here already that remind me of His goodness.

And it doesn't hurt that its pretty beautiful out here!


No comments:

Post a Comment